A road trip with your car can make a nostalgic tour more than any other, and if you are staying in Bangalore, then Bangalore to Wayanad can be the best option for your next road trip.
Wayanad, every nature lover’s place, is famous for its wildlife and spice gardens. It is located on the border of Tamil Nadu and Kerala and is the best road trip near Bangalore. Due to the wild green coverage, it offers great natural beauty along with a wildlife viewing experience. The Wayanad Hills are adjacent to Mudumalai in Tamil Nadu and Bandipur in Karnataka, thus creating a huge land mass for wildlife to roam in their most natural habitat. As tourists cross the congested environs of Bangalore and approach the Kerala border, the scene changes completely with nature’s green blessings.
Road trip options and routes
You can enjoy the beauty of the routes and the places better. If you have your car on a road trip, you can choose the route you want to take. There are three distinct routes in this Bangalore to Wayanad way you can choose from, and each route has many tourist spots, so it will be better for you to take one route and another on the way back. All three routes are good, but you will see more on this route and make the ride memorable. Bangalore to Wayanad road trip is the best option for tourists because it takes less time than the other transports. You can choose ksrtc buses from Bangalore to Wayanad, or after checking the Bangalore to Wayanad route, you can reach Mysore via bus, and next, you can do the Mysore to Wayanad road trip by car.
The Mysore route
The route you need to take is
Bangalore – Channapatna – Srirangapatna – Mysore – Kattikulam – Wayanad along NH 275.
This way, the distance between Bangalore to Wayanad is 324 km long and takes around 7 hours with some top spots.
Also, you can explore many places here, it will take time but if you have enough time go for it.
- First, visit the winery in Channapatna to see the vineyard and distillery showing how Sula wine is made. It is a fascinating place and an informative tour. You are going to taste the wine.
- Second, it’s worth a detour during the monsoons, when the falls are at their best.
- Finally, there is a lot to see and do in Mysore, and as Mysore to Wayanad distance is smaller, you can visit Amba Vilas Palace, Vrindavan Gardens, and Mysore Zoo.
The Coorg Route
Wayanad via Coorg is a bit longer; However, worth every bit of your time and effort. Wayanad’s distance from Coorg is 110 km, and you must take the route
Bangalore-Mysore Road – Bidadi – Ramanagara – Channapatna – Hunsur – Periyapatna – Karadigodu (Coorg) – SH 89 – Wayanad.
If time allows, you can visit the seasonal waterfalls-
- Abbey Falls and Mallalli Falls
- Get a bird’s eye view of the Western Ghats
- Take a historical tour of Madikeri Fort.
The Somnathpur-Bandipur Route
Choosing this route takes you to the Bandipur Tiger Reserve Forest, which is a drive of almost 400 km. You have to take NH 275 and NH 766, and the route is –
Bangalore – Channapatna – Malavalli – Gundlupet – Bandipur – Wayanad – Somanathapura.
- On your drive, you will probably come across animals, deer, elephants, jackals, mongooses, peacocks, etc.
- Stop for a wildlife safari at the forest reserve office. It is a tiger territory, and there is a high chance of seeing tigers in the wild.
- Other points of interest on the Wayanad road trip are the ancient temple of Chennakesava, founded by the Hoysalas
- The peaks of the highest Gopalaswami Betta and Chambra, both for darshan.
Wayanad serves as a perfect holiday tourist spot in Kerala. It has lush green dense forests, hills mountains, and whatnot. Bangalore to Wayanad is a short driving distance, with all the 3 routes. I hope this article helps you plan your next trip from Bangalore to Wayanad better.